Aguada Fort is the one of the largest Portuguese fort located in North Goa. Aguada Fort was built in the year 1609-12, to control the entry into the river Mandovi and to protect Old Goa from potential enemy attacks.
Aguada Fort is famous for its 13 metre high lighthouse, the lighthouse was built in the year 1864 which used an oil lamp. Fort Aguada is one of the famous tourist destination located in North Goa. A must visit tourist destination when in Goa.